Thanksgiving. Thanks and Giving. How are you reflecting this year on both of these words? The best of anything begins with being grateful for what you do have.
What blessings can you name? Perhaps:
- good job,
- new car,
- paid off credit cards,
- new degree,
- new grandbaby,
- strong friendships,
- abiding Faith.
Reflect on that.
Giving is the next part. How are you helping people this year? Possibly:
- donating time or food to a food bank,
- singing in a nursing home,
- building with Habitat for Humanity,
- adopting a family for the holiday,
- taking flowers or goodies to some one living alone,
- just picking up the phone and calling someone lonely.
All of these are actions showing you feel blessed and grateful and want to reciprocate that love.
Every year, I have my real estate coach travel to Austin for a full day to help me work on my business plan for the upcoming year. We just completed my planning for 2022.
The first "exercise" she always hands me is one in which I write down my what I am grateful for. Why? Because it puts me in a positive mental state, and that positivity gives me the energy to think big, want to give more, and to help more.
My coach also has me focus on my physical health such as: exercise, walking and the gym for strength, eating healthy, sleep, hydrating (especially here in Texas).
All of the above comes BEFORE my coach ever begins to have me focus on:
- my business plan,
- what resources can I draw upon to help me do the best possible job for my clients,
- what continuing education do I pursue each year,
- where should I spend my dollars on advertising, marketing, professional staging and photo shoots, internet exposure.
All of the above business goals are secondary to the positive mindset and physical stamina.
So as you prepare for this Thanksgiving season, please take a moment to reflect on what your blessings have been and give thanks for the people around you, the good food you will be sharing, and say a heartfelt grace over all of these this week.